No one who cooks, cooks alone. Even at her most solitary, a cook in the kitchen is surrounded by generations of cooks past, the advice and menus of cooks present, the wisdom of cookbook writers.
Over the weekend, I decided to make shawarma which turned out delicious 😁. I made everything from scratch including the tortilla bread, and I would share the receipes below.
For the tortilla bread
Ingredients: All purpose flour, corn flour, little salt, and oil.
Procedure: Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl and prepare a soft dough. Add little oil and knead on a flat surface.
Cut into small balls, roll and knead properly with a rolling pin on a flat surface into a circular shape. Remember to keep sprinkling flour to prevent sticking.
Rub your frying pan with little oil, place round wrap in the pan and fry, turn to the other side and you should have something like this.
Ingredients for the shawarma filling:
Carrot, Cabbage, Turkey, Fresh Pepper, Onions, Seasonings (Curry, thyme, maggi, onion & garlic powder, salt), Ketchup & Mayonnaise
Note: You can use need or chicken and even mix it, but I prefer turkey. You can also add sausage to your shawarma.
1) Wash Turkey thoroughly and boil. Add seasoning and ketchup and allow to boil until the water dries up.
2) Wash carrots, pepper, and cabbage. Peel the outer layer of the carrot and grate. Grate pepper and onions as well as cabbage. After grating cabbage into thin pieces , wash with salt, and drain.
3) When the seasoned Turkey is done, allow it to cool down and cut into small pieces.
4) In a frying pan, add very little oil and heat. Add grated onions and pepper, and stir. Add carrot and seasoned Turkey and stir together. Depending on the quantity of seasoning added while boiling the Turkey, add little seasoning. Stir fry a bit and add cabbage and stir well.
5) After which you transfer to a bowl and allow to cool. Mix with mayonnaise and ketchup.
6) Spread a little ketchup and mayonnaise on the shawarma bread, serve the filling and wrap well. After which I grilled it.
7) Ready to eat😁
That’s how I set up my Nifeminist Kitchen😉.
So I made a very sweet and soft carrot cake during the weekend, and I can’t wait to share the pictures. Plus it’s my birthday month (June 20), and ‘m looking for birthday twin😁
Thank you for reading and follow me through my cooking journey. Feel free to leave a comment. I always reply!😊